Our Story

How FMC started...

Our story really begins in the late 1800's.  After meeting in homes for several years, we built a church building north of Tremont called Pleasant Grove Mennonite Church.  (Our church cemetery is still used on that property.)  In 1941, we merged with Goodfield Mennonite Church and built a church building on the corner of Plum and Chicago streets in Morton.  In 1965, we moved into our current location.  In 2000, our Family Center and Gymnasium addition was complete.  

Throughout our history, we have been dedicated to following the Lord by prayerfully studying the Scriptures and reaching out through acts of service in the name of Jesus.

Our Vision...

We exist to
LOVE, LEARN and LIVE in Jesus Christ
by following Jesus, delighting in His Word,
growing in prayer, making disciples
and serving in mission.  

What you'll find...

We are a strongly knit church family, with deep ties to one another, our surrounding community and our Mennonite heritage.  When needs arise in our church or community, they are often met quickly by our generous and capable congregation.  When loss occurs, we mourn and pray together.  When joyful moments happen, we take time to celebrate what God is doing in our midst.  

We love Jesus.  We love one another.  And we love getting to know all people that the Lord brings into our community of faith.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday
as we gather to worship Jesus
at 10:30am.